One of four boats sold by Severn & Canal (MV2, Dee/MV6, Bath/MV7, Aldersley/MV8) to Thomas Clayton of Oldbury in 1948 (renamed Dart, Don, Dane, Dove)
04/1913 - originally butty Aldersley built by S&CCCo Ltd, registered Gloucester 477 on 11/04/1913, BCN 21871 on 11/09/1913.
1929 - converted to motor No 8 by S&CCCo Ltd, Bolinder engine, registered Gloucester 518 on 20/11/1929, BCN 1531 on 12/11/1929
09/1948 - became Thomas Clayton's Dove, registered Oldbury 21 on 03/11/1948, same BCN registration as before.
National engine installed in 1950s.