BCN 1645 was built to work for Alfred Hickman at the Bilston iron works. She was built as an open hulled Iron Day boat. She passed into BW ownership where she is believed to have been given the index No. 80393. Later on she was surveyed at Bradley, by the Leicester University Archaological society (survey completed by a HNBC member). Information on this can be found here:
She has been around the North West for subsequent years, and has been re-bottomed, we believe at Bradley, and the centre section of hull has been replaced, again we believe at Bradley. She was one of the day boats used in the "Last coal run from Anglesey" in 1999, when towed by Enterprise along with two others. This was when she was still in BW ownership, and it was then that she had some major hull works done.
She is currently at Langley Mill where she is waiting for extensive works to be completed, as the original gunnels have been removed, and the majority of knees need replacing. She also requires re-footing.
Once completed she will be paired with the wooden BCN Keays tug Judith Ann.